29 August 2014

August Favourites

Clinique moisture surge CC cream
I have never been in to wearing make up until this product. I tried drugstore bb cream in Year 11 at school but found it really uncomfortable on my skin, and that put me off wearing make up for another year or so. My skin is also quite pale so many foundations and creams I tried didn't match my skin and make me look orange. I went to the Clinique counter and asked for something with really light coverage they could match me to this in Fresh Peach.
They claim it "enhance skin's natural radiance, offer instant hydration benefits and provide daily sun protection to prevent first signs of ageing. Lasting, oil-free hydration and sunscreen mean a more flawless look tomorrow, too." I really love this cc cream, it gives a nice amount of coverage that balances out the redness in my skin and in spots, but I can still see my freckles through it, and still looks and feels like skin.
 I apply it by adding a small pea sized amount to my finger a dabbing it all over my face I then blending it with the Real Techniques buffing brush, but you can just use your fingers. At first I appears very dewy, but it adapts to your skin in about a minuet it mattes down, it may not be good for people with very oily skin, but I have combination to oily skin and I don't feel like it leaves my particularly shiny, but I have seen reviews were people say it makes them look very oily, even though it is an oil free formula. There is also a SPF of 30 which I like.
 It is pricey at £28 but really worth it, if you wanted something lighter for summer this would be perfect, they also released new shade and have 9 from very fair to deep.
Nike Flex Experience Running Shoes
These are Men's Running shoes but I have size 9 feet and I find it hard to get shoes in my size that I like, also the colour and design are not to masculine that they look odd on me. They say they have "comfortable fit thanks to a highly breathable mesh upper with padded ankle" and they are very comfortable, I tend just to use them for walking but my feet still feel fresh and cool even after a long time.

I never been into long walks of running mainly because I have nothing suitable or comfortable to wear but these are really nice, and having a nice pair of trainers is a really motivating and encouraging thing to get you going.
Also this summer I have been wearing pink nail polish on my toes, it is a really pretty pearly blue toned pink and it much lighter and softer shade for summer rather than my usual deep reds.
 I also started a new book this month, another one of Jill Mansell's books, really enjoyable and an easy read. I couldn't help but wish well for the main character Lola. A girly escapist read, I can't wait to see what happens and start another Jill Mansell book.
I also want to give a mention to the Body Shop Body Puff, it is the most amazing, thick, fluffy puff that is not scratchy and it lathers up your body wash like I have never seen, plus they are only £2!

Thank you for reading,
Poppies and Cornflowers x

1 comment: