15 August 2014

West Quay Haul

Whilst on holiday in the New Forest I went shopping in West Quay Shopping Centre, there wasn't anything I particularly wanted, but of course I still ended up buying quite a few things  

I stupidly didn't pack enough cleanser for my holiday, so I planed to pick up Origins never a dull moment, but they didn't stock it! So instead of buying a full sized cleanser I decided to look for a sample sized product.
I found a sample box from Sanctuary which has a cleanser, which is a gel that when you rub it between your hand and apply to a wet face it turns in to a weak foam, you are not supposed to use it around your eyes but I tried it and it didn't irritate them or effect my eyes in any way, so if you don't have sensitive eyes I think you'll be fine with it. It leaves my skin feeling really fresh and awake, not my favourite cleanser but enjoyed using something different.
 A scrub, that is also a gel that "contains eco-particles to gently open clogged pores and witch hazel to help minimise the appearance of enlarged pores." I found that even though it has only a few beads in it, it's really effective and doesn't scratch my skin, it removed most of the flakiness I had. Using the scrub with the mask was amazing and my face felt so soft I will definitely be picking up the full size of both products 
A blemish serum. I don't usually use blemish or spot treatments and this one hasn't convinced my that they really do anything, I have a few small spots around my chin and they have started to clear up although I couldn't say that the serum had anything to do with that.
And a hydra lotion that I first used and hated it, but have since used and it is pleasant light moisturizer that I would typically use in the morning only. Under my make up it does seem to matte down the skin a little and keeps it hydrated for most of the day.
I also boringly brought the boots cotton wool double faced round pads £1.89 which has a tougher more compact side for removing nail polish and more liquid products and a softer side to use with more lotions. I like the small round ones just to use with eye make-up remover, they are nice and soft and don't irritate my skin.
I had seen these sandals online before and thought about buying them, so when I saw them in store I wanted to try them on, I looked for my size and could only find one shoe, I search all over the store and finally found the second one behind the checkouts.  
 
 They fit really well and are easy to walk in and didn't pinch anywhere on my feet. But after wearing them all day on a shopping trip they did rub across my toes, and I got two blisters. But now I have broken them in they are really comfortable and have become a summer staple.
 The Material is a soft faux leather where it touches your skin and nude faux suede every where else, and even though it's light coloured suede it is easily wiped clean and hasn't scuffed.
It has five buckle holes 1/2cm apart, from 25cm to 27cm around your ankle. 
 
Navy telephone shopper, yes even after buying the Hudson moto mini I still brought a bag. It is a larger tote style bag with just shoulder straps, I loved the picture on the front and the beautiful navy polka dot lining. 
 
It has one interior zip and one interior pocket. I think it will get a lot of use in autumn and winter months.
I made a quick stop in paperchase for a new note book, I adore the polka dot cloth cover but hope they get more colours, there was only this one and a white and pink one which I think would get dirty with pen marks and things. The spacing between the lines is not too large that it wastes paper but just perfect for short notes and blogging ideas. 
 
At 'Age UK', a charity shop, I found this book by Jill Mansell, I already have one of her books and really enjoyed it, plus it was only 99p.
  
The last place we stopped off at was Ikea, after getting lost a few times I found the glasses, I wanted something to store my pencils in and this is the perfect height and thickness to hold them. I really enjoy the sort of diamond pattern and was only £1.90. 
 
 I also saw a simple water resistant bag, I love these just to carry in you handbag so when heavy plastic bags are cutting into your wrists you can move you shopping into these and carry them comfortably.
The print is also really simple and pretty, they have it in grey or just plain black.

Thank you for reading
Poppies and Cornflowers x

Sanctuary- Boots
Cotton Wool Pads- Boots
Sandals - BHS
Bag- BHS
Glass- Ikea
Water Resistant Bag- Ikea

No comments:

Post a Comment